Ms. Angelica’s October 2018 Newsletter
Inside The Classroom
This past month everyone enjoyed the Taking Care of the Self curriculum. It helped the children to be aware of themselves before leaving the house. They have been ready to go be at school. I also observe the children using their Grace and Courtesy lessons in class- helping others brushing their hair, opening a door for the friend who was carrying a bucket with water, and more. They are becoming quite a courteous group of children.
October will be a month full of activities. As we’re getting closer to Halloween, Dia de Muertos, and Thanksgiving we will be talking about “Traditions Around the World”. If you would like to come to share your Traditions with the class please contact me.
Parent – Teacher conference will be in the middle of the month please sign up and mark it on your calenda
Dates to Remember
• October 1st -19th Undergarment Drive
• Book Fair October 1st -4th
• Picture Day October 9th
• Parent-Teacher Conference October 16th- 19th
• Fall Festival October 26th
• Dia de los Muertos November 2nd
Mrs. Angelica’s December Newsletter
The month to celebrate love, share blessings and spread cheer all around has arrived.
We are heading into the shortest and the busiest month. Here’s what is coming up: As we count our blessings and share gifts with friends near and far, please remember about the less fortunate children around. Together, we can try to make their Christmas a joyful one.
Like the previous year, we are supporting the Youth Assistance Foundation to provide at risk children, homeless children, & military families with presents for Christmas this year as well. Please participate by bringing in a new unwrapped toy. The YAF toy drive has provided thousands of toys for children each year throughout Maricopa County. With your help we can make Christmas day bright for many more children.
The toys can be dropped in the box that is kept outside Room # 4.
Another up coming event is our annual Cookie Exchange on Dec.10th from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. This is an event where you can bring in store bought or home made cookies to school to share with other families. Children can also bring an empty box to put in their cookies. I will update you with more details.
1) Please place an extra set of clothes in your child’s cubby at all times.
2) As we are heading towards a long break, please make sure to check your child’s cubby and empty everything before the break.
3) Please remember to sign in and sign out your child everyday.
4) Pick up time is 12:30 for half day, 3:30 for full day and 5:30 for extended care.
5) Children can bring in items or pictures for show and tell any day of the week. If your child would like to bring a doll, barbie etc please make sure is dress I would not let them share is naked it. Please refrain from sending in toys into the class as this can be very distracting.
6) Snack calendars will be placed in your child’s folder outside our room. Please make sure to check them every once in a while for important papers from the office. Snacks mentioned are only suggestions. You can send in any healthy snacks of your choice.
7) Tuesday we have PE. Tennis shoes are the most suitable for the children.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Thank you for your continued support.
May this season fill your home with joy
fill your heart with love
and fill your life with laughter.
Happy Hannukah, Merry Christmas and happy holidays.
Mrs. Angelica’s September Newsletter
To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.
We have had a great first month and I saw old friendships strengthening and new ones forming. I can confidently say that most of the children are back with their routine and transitioned well. We also had some great show and tells the past month, thank you for taking time attaching a note with your sharing, this is an excellent way to build self confidence in the child.
We’ll begin the month of September, talking “How to take care of our body”. In this topic we are going to include healthy eating habits, how to take care of our person. Since we’re going to be learning healthy habits please make sure to pack a healthy lunch!
Please send a hair brush in a Zip lock bag with your child name.
If you have any books or pictures relating to the topic, please feel free to send them along with your child.
Important dates to remember that we have off:
Sep. 7th – Labor day
Sep. 14th – Fall Recess
1) Please try to drop off your child before 8:30 in order to help them bond with their friends. This is especially a useful tip for all the new students. Always remember to keep the goodbyes short and quick. This will help the children to transition quickly.
2) Always make sure to keep extra set of clothes in your child’s cubby.
3) If you send a water bottle with your child, please remember to take it home along with the lunch bag.
4) It is very important to sign in and sign out.
5) Please check your child’s folder regularly for monthly snack calendar and other important papers.
- Morning pick up time is 12:30